Tooth decay and gum disease are two major causes of missing teeth. This happens when a tooth or several of them are too damaged or too loose. Adults shouldn’t have a loose tooth. If you are considering teeth replacement procedure that is convenient, dental implants Fort Lauderdale may be right for you.
What Are the Benefits?
Missing teeth can make chewing difficult, it also affects your confidence. If you are still conflicted if dental implants are right for you, here are some of the benefits of having dental implants to replace missing teeth.
- Easier Eating and Improved Speech – Unlike dentures, implants don’t come loose and slip within the mouth. You don’t have to worry that your teeth will slip while eating and talking. Chewing isn’t going to be a problem as well since it functions like your own teeth.
- Convenience and Comfort – Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures. Implants are designed to fuse with the bone, therefore, they become permanent.
- Durability — With Proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
- Improved Appearance and Self-Esteem – Since dental implants look and function like your own teeth, it can give you back the confidence of smiling once again and feel better about yourself.
What If My Jawbone Isn’t Able to Support Dental Implants?
If your jawbone isn’t strong enough to support dental implants, there are several techniques to be used to restore your natural jawline and rebuild your bone. These include:
- Sinus Lift – Also referred to as sinus elevation or sinus augmentation, involves adding bone below the sinus where the natural bone has deteriorated due to missing upper back teeth.
- Bone Augmentation – Restoring or regenerating bone in your jawline when it isn’t able to support implants.
- Ridge Expansion – This is done if your jaw isn’t wide enough to support dental implants. A bone graft material is then added to a small ridge, or space created along the top of your jaw.
Looking for Dental Implants Fort Lauderdale?
If you have several missing teeth that is taking away your confidence to smile, consider dental implants Fort Lauderdale. Contact 1500 Dental today and schedule an appointment with us.