Missing teeth can lead to a variety of dental issues, such as teeth shifting, tooth decay, and gum disease. Dental treatments are less intrusive and lead to faster recovery thanks to new dental technologies and techniques. However, people continue to put off dental treatment for a variety of reasons like dental anxiety. If you are one of those people, all you need is a little preparation before the process. We’ve offered some helpful tips for preparing for dental implants in Fort Lauderdale.
Dental Implants: What to Expect
How Should I Prepare for Dental Implant Surgery?
Small steps to take before implant surgery that can help you relax during the procedure.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash to rinse your mouth and keep germs at bay.
- If you are taking antibiotics and have chosen oral sedation, it is critical that you take your medications as directed by your dentist before your visit.
- Eat a healthy breakfast unless you have opted for IV sedation. In case you have opted for IV sedation, you should not eat at least eight hours before the appointment.
- If you plan to opt for IV sedation, schedule a lift to and from the dentist.
- Resting after the surgery is crucial to make yourself comfortable and aid in healing.
What to Expect During Dental Implant Surgery?
A dental implant procedure is as follows:
- The surgeon will numb the surgical site so that you will feel comfortable.
- If a tooth is compromised, it will be extracted.
- The jaw will then be prepared for the placement of the implant.
- The dentist will drill a hole in the jawbone and place the implant.
- Finally, the gums will be stitched over the implant.
- After this stage, the implant is left to heal, and it may take anywhere from four to six months based on the condition of your oral and overall health.
Looking for Dental Implants in Fort Lauderdale?
Are you planning to restore your perfectly aligned and white teeth? You can schedule an appointment with 1500 Dental to get in touch with our friendly and experienced dentists!